Since the founding of The Chattanooga Heart Institute in 1977, our patients have been our top priority. We are committed to providing quality, comprehensive, cardiovascular care and to enhancing the quality of life for each person we serve.
Our 25 board-certified cardiologists and 2 board-certified surgeons ensure that as a patient you have an entire team of highly-skilled specialists to provide you with care in their area of expertise.
- Allen E. Atchley, Jr., M.D., FACC, FASE, RPVI – Cardiology, Imaging
- Robert K. Berglund, M.D., FACC – Cardiology, Invasive
- G. Keith Bruce, M.D., FACC, FHRS – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- Lisa G. Carkner, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Imaging
- Wilson M. Clements, MD, FACS – Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Andrew H. Fowler, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- Gordon D. Graham, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Imaging
- John Carter Hemphill, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- James W. Hoback, Jr., MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- Robert L. Huang, MD, MPH, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology
- Samuel Jones, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- C. Samuel Ledford, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- E. Philip Lehman, MD – Cardiology, Imaging
- Ondrej J. Lisy, MD, PhD, FACC – Cardiology, Imaging
- James L. Marcum, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Invasive
- Robert J. Mills, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- Brian C. Mitchell MD, FACC – Cardiology, Imaging
- V. Stephen Monroe, Jr., MD FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- Brian H. Negus, MD, FACC, FSCAI – Cardiology, Interventional, Vascular
- William F. Oellerich, MD, PhD, FACC – Cardiology, Imaging
- Joseph K. Powers, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Invasive
- Vimal Ramjee, MD – Cardiology, Imaging
- Kelly Richardson, MD – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- Gregg S. Shander, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- Mark C. Thel, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Interventional
- William P. Warren, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Invasive, Imaging
- David J. Wendt, MD, FACC – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- Newton B. Wiggins, MD – Cardiology, Electrophysiology
- James L. Zellner, MD, FACS – Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
Advanced Practice Providers
The Chattanooga Heart physicians have carefully chosen our nurse practitioners for their ability to closely work alongside them in managing your care. Our nurse practitioners all have master’s degrees in advance practice nursing and specialized training in cardiac care.
Greg Smith received a Master of Science degree in Advance Practice Nursing from Emory University in Atlanta in 1996. He has 20 years of experience as a nurse practitioner with 11 of those years specifically in cardiology both in the hospital and office settings. In addition to his experience in cardiology, he has worked as a nurse practitioner in family medical practices.
Rachel Thomas is a nurse practitioner in practice with cardiothoracic surgeons Drs. Wilson Clements and James Zellner. She is a board certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with special training in cardiology and caring for post-operative cardio-thoracic patients. Prior to becoming a nurse practitioner, Rachel worked for six years as a registered nurse in the cardiovascular intensive care unit. Rachel holds a Master of Science degree as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner from Southern Adventist University. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.